- Visitor Info
- Collections & Exhibitions
- Programs & Classes
- Wedding & Facility Rental
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
The Hermitage Museum & Gardens invites qualified candidates to apply for any open job posting. All open jobs are posted here. The Hermitage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, sex, age or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local discrimination laws.
If you cannot find a job match at this time, please consider a volunteer position.
Position Title: Visitor Services Associate
Visitor Services Associates (VSA) are knowledgeable public representatives of the Hermitage Museum & Gardens. VSA greet visitors, process sales transactions, give tours, provide general information to visitors and direct calls and inquires to appropriate staff members and provide general support as needed.
- Greet and engage visitors in a professional, warm and enthusiastic manner
- Is familiar with the docent manual and is able to give guided tours of the museum to visitors
- Provides general information of admission fees, hours of operations, directions, exhibitions, programs, and events
- Answers the main phone line, directs calls to appropriate staff and takes messages when needed
- Processes all transactions through Quickbooks POS and online registration system to include admissions, gift shop sales, event and programming registration
- Familiar with membership program and participates in the membership campaign by offering and selling memberships to each guest
- Encourage visitors to sign up for our weekly e-news, makes print materials available including self-guided brochures, family guides and gardens maps, and help visitors with their most immediate informational needs
- Assists with the daily preparation and cleanliness of the galleries, front desk, and reception area to include the entry, handicap ramp, and restrooms
- Provides general support to full-time staff as needed
- Customer service experience
- Good communication skills
- Strong cash handling skills
- Preferred background or interest in art or history
- Work schedule includes weekends and additional evenings hours as needed for special events and exhibitions
Part-time position: Work hours are Saturday 10-5, Sunday 1-5, and some evenings.$8/hr average of 5 to 15 hours a week. Submit resume and cover letter to Truly Matthews, Education and Visitor Services Manager at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Position: Art Instructors
Department: Public Programs
Position Supervisor: Visual Arts Programs Manager
The Hermitage Visual Arts Studio (VAS) is inviting community artists to submit proposals to teach workshops and 8-week class sessions on a variety of art subjects at the VAS located next to the Hermitage Foundation Museum at 7701 North Shore Road in Norfolk, Virginia. The VAS will accept and consider proposals for classes and/or workshops geared toward adults and children. Artists are not limited in their proposals; the VAS is equipped with a multi-media room and ceramics studio with seven Brent pottery wheels.
All submissions should include the following information:
Description of class-
Estimated Supply Cost per Student-
Number of weeks needed-
*Please also include your resume including previous teaching experience & images of examples of your art work that relate to the proposed class*
Contact: Truly Matthews at 757.423.2052 x203, firstname.lastname@example.org