- Visitor Info
- Collections & Exhibitions
- Programs & Classes
- Wedding & Facility Rental
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
Work at the Hermitage Museum & Gardens! View our available positions below. No phone calls will be accepted.
Position: Membership & Development Manager
Type: Full time, 40 hours per week
Description: This is a full time position that focuses on increasing museum membership at all levels and developing services offered through the membership program. This position is also responsible for developing and maintaining sponsorship and giving opportunities at all levels.
- Coordinates annual giving, corporate giving, sponsorship for all museum programs and exhibitions, online giving, planned giving, memorial gifts and additional as identified.
- Serves as liason to the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees and coordinates efforts determined by the committee.
- Serves as liason to the Young Associates Board, organizes monthly meetings and assists the group with 2 annual fundraising events.
- Uses the museum’s operating budget to guide giving and sponsorship programs.
- Provides monthly reports to Executive Director and Development Committee with membership updates, donor gifts, and all written acknowledgements.
- Creates membership drives and increases communication with all members year-round.
- Organizes year-round mailings and an annual appeal to members, donors, and additional prospects.
- Utilizes all public programs as membership events to raise awareness and increase memberships.
- Organizes events and opportunities to build corporate and upper level membership.
- Creates and maintains membership database.
- Prompty mails new and renewing membership information, acknowledges all donor gifts and relations, and returns all emails and phone calls.
- Attends on and off site events to represent and educate the public about the Hermitage and to solicit support.
- Researches and identifies prospective grant and fundraising opportunities. Writes grant proposals and reports to corporate, foundation, and government funders.
Outstanding verbal and communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and must be comfortable working with people from all backgrounds. Excellent computer skills including expertise in email, calendaring, Microsoft Office and Excel, and experience with Donor Perfect preferred. Must be able to work additional hours when needed. A minimum of 2-3 years development and/or membership experience preferred. B.A. required. Must be 21 or older with valid Virginia driver’s license.
Salary range: Commensurate with applicants’ knowledge or experience.
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com No phone calls will be accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Hermitage Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran's status or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local discrimination laws.