- Visitor Info
- Collections & Exhibitions
- Programs & Classes
- Wedding & Facility Rental
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
The Hermitage Museum & Gardens invites qualified candidates to apply for any open job posting. All open jobs are posted here. The Hermitage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, sex, age or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local discrimination laws.
If you cannot find a job match at this time, please consider a volunteer position.
Position: Events Coordinator
Position Supervisor: Weddings, Events and Tours Manager
Coordinates details and setup for events at the Hermitage, including but not limited to: weddings, corporate events, group tours, cocktail parties, receptions, photo shoots and picnics. The events coordinator will frequently be required to stay on site for the full duration of an event, to ensure that the client’s needs are met swiftly and professionally and that the integrity of the museum, its artwork and its grounds are protected. The coordinator will oversee part-time attendants working the events. The coordinator is responsible for making sure that the events are of the highest quality, and meet the expectations of the client. The coordinator will also set up appointments to promote and market the events capability of the Hermitage. Schedule is determined by the requirements of the position and will include day, evening, weekend and nighttime hours. Assists all Hermitage staff on events. Reports to Weddings, Events and Tours Manager. 20 hours/week, March through November.
- Respond to inquiries and provide site visits for potential event clients
- Oversee all private events and be present to ensure standards and guidelines are met
- Attends bridal shows, industry events, meetings to create relationships with wedding professionals
- Represents the Hermitage in a professional and enthusiastic manner
- Has basic knowledge of museum and gardens
- Support the overall museum staff with additional events as required
- Customer service experience
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with e-mail and calendaring software, intermediate word processing skills (preferably MS Word), and basic spreadsheet skills (preferably Excel).
- Interest in the event industry
- Work schedule includes weekends and additional evenings hours as needed for special events and exhibitions
Please send your cover letter and resume to Lil Acosta at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 10th.
Position: Art Instructors
Department: Public Programs
Position Supervisor: Visual Arts Programs Manager
The Hermitage Visual Arts Studio (VAS) is inviting community artists to submit proposals to teach workshops and 8-week class sessions on a variety of art subjects at the VAS located next to the Hermitage Foundation Museum at 7701 North Shore Road in Norfolk, Virginia. The VAS will accept and consider proposals for classes and/or workshops geared toward adults and children. Artists are not limited in their proposals; the VAS is equipped with a multi-media room and ceramics studio with seven Brent pottery wheels.
All submissions should include the following information:
Description of class-
Estimated Supply Cost per Student-
Number of weeks needed-
*Please also include your resume including previous teaching experience & images of examples of your art work that relate to the proposed class*
Contact: Truly Matthews at 757.423.2052 x203, email@example.com