- Visitor Info
- Collections & Exhibitions
- Programs & Classes
- Wedding & Facility Rental
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
The Hermitage Museum & Gardens invites qualified candidates to apply for any open job posting. All open jobs are posted here. The Hermitage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, sex, age or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local discrimination laws.
If you cannot find a job match at this time, please consider a volunteer position.
Visitor Services Associate
Visitor Services Associates (VSA) are knowledgeable public representatives of the Hermitage Museum & Gardens. VSA greet visitors, process sales transactions, give tours, provide general information to visitors and direct calls and inquires to appropriate staff members and provide general support as needed.
Visitor Services Responsibilities
- Greet and engage visitors in a professional, warm and enthusiastic manner
- Is familiar with the docent manual and is able to give guided tours of the museum to visitors
- Provides general information of admission fees, hours of operations, directions, exhibitions, programs, and events
- Answers the main phone line, directs calls to appropriate staff and takes messages when needed
- Processes all transactions through Quickbooks POS and online registration system to include admissions, gift shop sales, event and programming registration
- Familiar with membership program and participates in the membership campaign by offering and selling memberships to each guest
- Encourage visitors to sign up for our weekly e-news, makes print materials available including self-guided brochures, family guides and gardens maps, and help visitors with their most immediate informational needs
- Assists with the daily preparation and cleanliness of the galleries, front desk, and reception area to include the entry, handicap ramp, and restrooms
- Provides general support to full-time staff as needed
- Customer service experience
- Good communication skills
- Strong cash handling skills
- Preferred background or interest in art or history
- Work schedule includes weekends and additional evenings hours as needed for special events and exhibitions*
Part-time position: Work hours are 10am-5pm on Saturdays and Sundays, and occasional evenings* as needed. Visitor Service Associates are paid $8/hr, at an average of 5 to 15 hours a week. Submit resume and cover letter to Lindsay Neal, Volunteer Coordinator and Visitor Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
On-going: Visual Arts Studio Instructors
The Hermitage Museum and Gardens is currently seeking talented Ceramics Instructors and Fiber Arts Instructors to teach 1-2 day workshops and up to 8-week long classes.
Well-versed instructors are encouraged to submit proposals for exciting class or workshop ideas surrounding Ceramics or Fiber Arts. The Hermitage Visual Arts Studio offers classes and workshops for both beginning and advanced students with a variety of interests and experience. Interested applicants should submit the following information to Carrie Spencer, Education Manager and Visual Arts Studio Coordinator, email@example.com:
-applicant’s name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address
-title and description of the workshop, class, or camp
-Images of examples of your artwork that relate to the proposed class
-supply list and approximate cost of supplies
-resume including previous teaching experience
-preferred dates and times of session
*Please indicate in your proposal if you are interested in teaching an Introductory Ceramics Handbuilding and/or Wheel-Throwing class