- Visitor Info
- Collections & Exhibitions
- Programs & Classes
- Wedding & Facility Rental
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
Located on the shore of the Lafayette River in Norfolk, the Hermitage Museum & Gardens is the ideal location for your outdoor wedding and reception. The elegance of the gardens and beauty of the waterfront views create a backdrop unmatched for your special day.
- The Hermitage consists of an historic home, extensive gardens and grounds, and an important art and materials collection. Respect for the home, grounds, and collection are key to ensuring a successful event.
- Events are permitted outdoors only.
- Contact information must be provided for all vendors (e.g. caterers, equipment rental companies, photographers, musicians). All caterers must be licensed and fully insured.
- ABC license is required as well as event insurance. A copy of the certificate of insurance must be on file 30 days before event date.
- Food and beverage service, music, and similar vendor activities must cease at 10:15pm. All guests must vacate the premises by 11:00pm.
For questions regarding weddings fill out our inquiry form online or call Lil Acosta, Weddings, Events & Tours Manager, at 757-423-2052 x211.
Wedding Spotlight Video
Whitney and John Porter - September 3rd, 2011
Video produced by The Girl Tyler Design & Photography